Re: Failure with regression test largeobject if pg_regress invoked from external paths

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Failure with regression test largeobject if pg_regress invoked from external paths
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> Today a colleague (Kingter Wang) has reminded me about a failure with
>> the test case largeobject that can happen if pg_regress is run from an
>> external path that has not results/ available at hand:
>
> Um ... what exactly is the triggering condition here?

Perhaps my previous email was not clear enough. Attached is a small
script that emulates what my colleague infrastructure is doing on a
running instance. With this script, only largeobject fails. This could
be easily tackled by appending a cd /to/regress/path to the command
but it seems to me that this just a workaround, and all the other
tests avoid using relative paths with what they do. Even the first
command of largeobject exporting the object uses an absolute path...

> Your patch doesn't look unreasonable, but I don't have a lot of faith
> in one-off fixes.  If this test condition is something we ought to
> support, it'd be better if the buildfarm were checking it someplace.

A module would be needed in this case, the buildfarm client just
bothers about running make check. I guess I could write one and deploy
it on my own nodes, even submit it to Andrew if he thinks that's worth
it.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Failure with regression test largeobject if pg_regress invoked from external paths
Сообщение: Re: Failure with regression test largeobject if pg_regress invoked from external paths