Re: Missed TidRangePath in the print_path switch

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Missed TidRangePath in the print_path switch
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 28 Sept 2023 at 18:07, Andrey Lepikhov
<a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> The TidRangePath node was introduced three years ago. However, path
> printing machinery still does not support it. It isn't enjoyable to add
> this string of code each time. I suggest adding it now.
> Also, I propose not printing "???path" in the default case but throwing
> a warning - see the patch in the attachment. It can help to avoid such
> slip-ups next time.
> It generally makes sense to generate such long switches automatically,
> likewise nodeToString.

Thanks for the report and patch.

I'll push the fix shortly.  I'll leave off the WARNING thing for now.
Perhaps an Assert would draw more attention to the correct people.  We
can debate that later as a master only change.

David