Re: incorrect results and different plan with 2 very similar queries

От David Rowley
Тема Re: incorrect results and different plan with 2 very similar queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 at 10:33, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a report on the pgjdbc github JDBC Driver shows erratic behavior when filtering on CURRENT_DATE ·
pgjdbc/pgjdbc· Discussion #3184 (github.com)

> Here are the plans.
>
> JDBC - Nested Loop (incorrect result)
>
>                     Index Cond: (mutation >= ((CURRENT_DATE - '1971-12-31'::date) - 28))

> JDBC - Hash Right (correct result)
>
>                     Recheck Cond: (mutation >= ((CURRENT_DATE - '1971-12-31'::date) - 29))

I don't see any version details or queries, but going by the
conditions above, the queries don't appear to be the same, so
different results aren't too surprising and not a demonstration that
there's any sort of bug.

David

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Popcount optimization using AVX512