Re: Reducing System Allocator Thrashing of ExecutorState to Alleviate FDW-related Performance Degradations

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Reducing System Allocator Thrashing of ExecutorState to Alleviate FDW-related Performance Degradations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 at 07:30, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> 2) We should introduce an API mcxt.c API to perform allocations that the
>    caller promises not to individually free.

It's not just pfree. Offhand, there's also repalloc,
GetMemoryChunkSpace and GetMemoryChunkContext too.

I am interested in a bump allocator for tuplesort.c. There it would be
used in isolation and all the code which would touch pointers
allocated by the bump allocator would be self-contained to the
tuplesorting code.

What use case do you have in mind?

David