Re: Optmize bitmapword macros calc (src/backend/nodes/bitmapset.c)

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Optmize bitmapword macros calc (src/backend/nodes/bitmapset.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 at 08:32, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently +0.1 for this change.  I don't see any huge problem with
> trimming a few instructions, but I'm dubious there's any measurable impact.
> However, a cycle saved is a cycle earned...

FWIW, In [1] and subsequent replies, there are several examples of
benchmarks where various bitmapset functions are sitting high in the
profiles. So I wouldn't be too surprised if such a small change to the
WORDNUM and BITNUM macros made a noticeable difference.

A benchmark speaks a thousand words, however.

David

[1] https://postgr.es/m/CAApHDvq9eq0W_aFUGrb6ba28ieuQN4zM5Uwqxy7+LMZjJc+VGg@mail.gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: Should we remove -Wdeclaration-after-statement?
Сообщение: Re: Should we remove -Wdeclaration-after-statement?