Re: Add bump memory context type and use it for tuplesorts

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Add bump memory context type and use it for tuplesorts
Дата
Re: Add bump memory context type and use it for tuplesorts  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 at 22:05, John Naylor <johncnaylorls@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 6, 2024 at 7:37 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
>  I'm planning on pushing these, pending a final look at 0002 and 0003
> > on Sunday morning NZ time (UTC+12), likely in about 10 hours time.
>
> +1

I've now pushed all 3 patches.   Thank you for all the reviews on
these and for the extra MemoryContextMethodID bit, Matthias.

> I haven't looked at v6, but I've tried using it in situ, and it seems
> to work as well as hoped:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANWCAZZQFfxvzO8yZHFWtQV%2BZ2gAMv1ku16Vu7KWmb5kZQyd1w%40mail.gmail.com

I'm already impressed with the radix tree work.  Nice to see bump
allowing a little more memory to be saved for TID storage.

David