Re: help with a particular multi-table query

От Samed YILDIRIM
Тема Re: help with a particular multi-table query
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi James,

I guess you are looking for something like this.
WITH cte_1 AS (
  SELECT
    t1."date"::date as t1_date,
    lag(t1."date"::date,1) OVER (ORDER BY t1."date"::date ASC) as t1_previous_date
  FROM t1
)
SELECT
  t1_date,
  t1_date - t1_previous_date as days,
  count(t2."time")
FROM cte_1
JOIN t2 ON
  t2."time" between t1_previous_date and t1_date
GROUP BY
  t1_date,
  t1_previous_date;

Test setup:
create table t1 ("date" timestamptz);
create table t2 ("time" timestamptz);
insert into t1 select now() - random()*'30 days'::interval from generate_series(1,100);
insert into t2 select now() - random()*'30 days'::interval from generate_series(1,100000);
WITH cte_1 AS (
  SELECT
    t1."date"::date as t1_date,
    lag(t1."date"::date,1) OVER (ORDER BY t1."date"::date ASC) as t1_previous_date
  FROM t1
)
SELECT
  t1_date,
  t1_date - t1_previous_date as days,
  count(t2."time")
FROM cte_1
JOIN t2 ON
  t2."time" between t1_previous_date and t1_date
GROUP BY
  t1_date,
  t1_previous_date;
  t1_date   | days | count