Re: Partitions and work_mem?

От Dave Johansen
Тема Re: Partitions and work_mem?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 10/15/2014 01:19 PM, Dave Johansen wrote:
> Sorry I don't understand what you mean by that. My understanding is that
> RedHat maintains fixes for security and other major issues for packages
> that have been EOLed. Are you implying that that's not the case? Or
> something else?

RH probably backpatches our fixes as they come out.  They did in the
past, anyway.

I just had the impression from your original post that this was a new
system; if so, it would make sense to build it on a version of Postgres
which wasn't already EOL.

Sorry for not being more clear in the original post. This is a system that has been running for just over a year and the beta for RHEL 7 hadn't even been released when we started things so 8.4 was the only real option.

Having said all of that, we recently had an increase in the number of users and we had experienced database restarts because the Linux Out of Memory Killer would kill a query on occassion. I just wanted to make sure that the changes we were making were based on sound logic and we wouldn't be experiencing these restarts anymore.

Thanks everyone for the help,
Dave