Re: ODBC options

От Brad White
Тема Re: ODBC options
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Oct 6, 2023 at 2:30 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Tue, Oct  3, 2023 at 05:34:01PM -0500, Brad White wrote:
>   I was trying to figure how to set the log directory on my Windows client
> using a parameter in the connection string. Short answer is that you can't.
> But you can using the DSN settings.
> I was under the impression that going DSN-less and using the parameters on the
> connection string, we were free from the effects of the DSN settings.
> That's not true.
> The DSN settings become the default values, overridden by anything in the
> connection string.
> Conversely, there are two settings which, for reasons that escape me, can't be
> set via the connection string.
> In the process, I found the documentation on the ODBC settings to be scattered
> and inconsistent, so I documented all the settings and their abbreviations in a
> spreadsheet.  Is there a useful place or format where I can post that?
>
> Spreadsheet is here if anyone wants to look at it.
> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v1uj1umtj20k1ljenodvy/
> psqlODBC-Configuration-Options.xlsx?rlkey=fit9kbgy0fv0fr9vt0u0a9oim&dl=0

Please see:

        https://odbc.postgresql.org/faq.html#1.6

I'm confused.
I see that it says to send bug reports to the odbc mailing list.
This isn't a bug report, but I did already send a shortened version there.
Was there something else you wanted to see?
Happy to provide any additional documentation if there is something that I missed.

Thanks,
Brad.