Re: BUG #17895: Bug concerning UTF-8

От Eric Wilfried Ettien
Тема Re: BUG #17895: Bug concerning UTF-8
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thank you for your feedback.
Have a good day !

Le ven. 14 avr. 2023 à 03:00, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> a écrit :
At Thu, 13 Apr 2023 12:32:11 +0000, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote in
> In fact when i created databse with default value UTF-8 i received this
> error : 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf4 in position 8: invalid
> continuation byte.
> So i explored solution and i used this link:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45897521/postgresql-utf8-codec-cant-decode-byte-0xe9-in-position-42-invalid-continua.
> However this error is the same.
> Please i would like to have solution concerning this error.

As someone mentioned in the thread, this is not an issue of PostgreSQL.

I am not at all familiar with the details of pgAdmin, but I surmise
that the error message indicates that the characters you entered, or
the ones sent by PostgreSQL, do not match the encoding that pgAdmin
expects. It would be worthwhile to ensure that the language settings
of pgAdmin are consistent with the connected database and local
environment. For further assistance, you should consult the pgAdmin
team.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi