No password supplied error when using pg_dump

От JORGE MALDONADO
Тема No password supplied error when using pg_dump
Дата
Re: No password supplied error when using pg_dump  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
I am trying to run pg_dump to backup my PostgreSQL DB and I am getting a "fe_sendauth: no pssword supplied" error message. This is a Windows Server 2012 environment and I am issuing pg_dump from a command prompt.

The command is as follows:
pg_dump -E win1252 -f d:/respaldos/chartsclub/basedatos/CC.backup -F p -n chartsclub -h localhost -U postgres -w chartsclub

The content of pgpass.conf is:
localhost:5433:chartsclub:postgres:mypassword
Where "mypassword" is the actual valid password which I have successfully tested in pgAdmin3.
After adding this line to pgpass.conf file I restarted PostgreSQL service.

Variable %APPDATA% is:
c:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming

Is there anything else I should take into account?
I will very much appreciate your feedback.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado