Re: Server/Data Migration Advice

От Carlos Mennens
Тема Re: Server/Data Migration Advice
Дата
Re: Server/Data Migration Advice
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Andreas Kretschmer
<akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
> - use the pg_dumpall from the new version to make the dump, for instance
>  pg_dumpall -h <old_host> ... | psql (something like this, on the new
>  host)

I performed a pg_dump from my new 9.1.2 server but my question now is
importing the data. So I had 9.1.2 perform the dump and it's now on
the new server but what are (if any) the steps to restore or install
them into my new 9.1.2 server? Is there anything I need to do to the
dump .sql file before using psql to restore the dump file?

pg_dump -h old_db > old_db.sql

That command above was the command I issued from new_db (new server)
to dump all the 8.4.8 data onto my 9.1.2 machine. What is the next
course of action? Is there a conversion process or something I need to
do or simply restore it? Can I simply do:

psql webmail < old_db.sql

Is that sufficient?

> Du you have BYTEA-Columns? The default output-format changed. Some other
> details changed too, read the release notes!

Is there a way in psql client I can search my database tables for any
BYTEA columns?