Re: Combine Prune and Freeze records emitted by vacuum

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: Combine Prune and Freeze records emitted by vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 9:11 AM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:

> On 01/04/2024 20:22, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> > Review for 0003-0006 (I didn't have any new thoughts on 0002). I know
> > you didn't modify them much/at all, but I noticed some things in my code
> > that could be better.
>
> Ok, here's what I have now. I made a lot of small comment changes here
> and there, and some minor local refactorings, but nothing major. I lost
> track of all the individual changes I'm afraid, so I'm afraid you'll
> have to just diff against the previous version if you want to see what's
> changed. I hope I didn't break anything.
>
> I'm pretty happy with this now. I will skim through it one more time
> later today or tomorrow, and commit. Please review once more if you have
> a chance.

Thanks!

0001 looks good. Attached are some comment updates and such on top of
0001 and 0002.

I started some performance testing of 0002 but haven't finished yet. I
wanted to provide my other review first.

> > This probably doesn't belong here. I noticed spgdoinsert.c had a static
> > function for sorting OffsetNumbers, but I didn't see anything general
> > purpose anywhere else.
>
> I copied the spgdoinsert.c implementation to vacuumlazy.c as is. Would
> be nice to have just one copy of this in some common place, but I also
> wasn't sure where to put it.

I looked a bit through utils and common and didn't see anywhere
obvious to put it. We could make a new file? 0003 fixes where you
forgot to change the name of the qsort function, though.

- Melanie

Вложения