Delay in converting logs from ready state to done state

От Samir Magar
Тема Delay in converting logs from ready state to done state
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Team,

we are seeing delay in converting logs from ready state to done state in pg_xlog archive status.

we have seen pg_xlog generated 2000 per hour and it is getting archived 1894. So the speed at which the archiving is done is too slow as compare to the pg_xlog generation

So our pg_xlog directory keeps filling regularly. What should be the real cause here?

We cannot see any specific error on pg_log  except no space left on device.

current setting:

wal_level = archive

archive_mode = on

max_wal_senders = 3

archive_command = 'gzip < %p > /pgarchive/%f'

checkpoint_segments = 3

checkpoint_timeout = 5min

log_checkpoints = on

archive_timeout = 60