Re: pgsql: Revert "initdb: Change authentication defaults"

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Revert "initdb: Change authentication defaults"
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 10:41 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 10:29 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> >> Revert "initdb: Change authentication defaults"
> >> This reverts commit 09f08930f0f6fd4a7350ac02f29124b919727198.
> >> The buildfarm client needs some adjustments first.
>
> > What ended up happening with this? Did we end up somewhere deciding we
> > didn't actually want this, or has it been dropped for 13? (Tried and
> > failed to find discussion around it)
>
> Did the buildfarm adjustments get made?  (I'm assuming Andrew knows)

It's in Release 11 of the client and is mentioned in the release
notes. The release is dated last September. Making this change would
force a flag day update to that version for the buildfarm client,

Note - the buildfarm code is completely public. In this case, see
https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/commit/55b4d691552607197207e4462d7c0e6d9608d3e2

cheers

andrew