Re: Support logical replication of DDLs

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 8:52 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Sorry, there was a miss when rebasing the patch which could cause the
> CFbot to fail and here is the correct patch set.

I see the following note in the patch: "Note: For ATTACH/DETACH
PARTITION, we haven't added extra logic on the subscriber to handle
the case where the table on the publisher is a PARTITIONED TABLE while
the target table on the subscriber side is a NORMAL table. We will
research this more and improve it later." and wonder what should we do
about this. I can think of the following possibilities: (a) Convert a
non-partitioned table to a partitioned one and then attach the
partition; (b) Add the partition as a separate new table; (c) give an
error that table types mismatch. For Detach partition, I don't see
much possibility than giving an error that no such partition exists or
something like that. Even for the Attach operation, I prefer (c) as
the other options don't seem logical to me and may add more complexity
to this work.

Thoughts?

--
With Regards,