Re: [bug?] Missed parallel safety checks, and wrong parallel safety

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [bug?] Missed parallel safety checks, and wrong parallel safety
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 8:57 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> I think the check of partition could be even more complicated if we need to
> check the parallel safety of partition key expression. If user directly insert into
> a partition, then we need invoke ExecPartitionCheck which will execute all it's
> parent's and grandparent's partition key expressions. It means if we change a
> parent table's partition key expression(by 1) change function in expr or 2) attach
> the parent table as partition of another parent table), then we need to invalidate
> all its child's relcache.

I think we already invalidate the child entries when we add/drop
constraints on a parent table. See ATAddCheckConstraint,
ATExecDropConstraint. If I am not missing anything then this case
shouldn't be a problem. Do you have something else in mind?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.