Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 3, 2024 at 12:30 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:

> 03.02.2024 04:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm still wondering how come the failure seems to have suddenly gotten
> > way more common.  The only changes that are in vaguely-related places
> > and fit the time frame are Amit's 732924043 and 776621a5e, but I sure
> > don't see a connection.
>
> I think the failure rate increased due to tamandua, calliphoridae,
> flaviventris, and kestrel were switched from make to meson recently.

If this can be reproduced frequently then we can even try to test the
patch in that thread by Osumi-San [1] (I haven't tested that it
applies cleanly but shouldn't be difficult to make it work) based on
the theory that walsender is starting up at an LSN somewhere before
where the publication is created.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TYCPR01MB83737A68CD5D554EA82BD7B9EDD39%40TYCPR01MB8373.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

--