Re: Why doesn't src/backend/port/win32/socket.c implement bind()?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Why doesn't src/backend/port/win32/socket.c implement bind()?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 11:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Some of the Windows buildfarm members occasionally fail like this:
>
> LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: No error
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 64470? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
> WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "127.0.0.1"
> FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
>
> (bowerbird, in particular, has a few recent examples)
>
> I think the reason why we're getting "No error" instead of a useful
> strerror report is that socket.c doesn't provide an implementation
> of bind() that includes TranslateSocketError().

listen also doesn't have such an implementation and probably few others.

>  Why is that?

Not sure, but I could see that bind and listen doesn't have the equivalent
Win sock API (checked in winsock2.h) and while googling on same,
I found that there are reasons [1] why Win Sockets doesn't have the
equivalent of some of the socket API's.

I think here we should add a win32 wrapper over bind and listen
API's which ensures TranslateSocketError() should be called for
error cases.

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: add pg_current_xlog_flush_location function
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: add pg_current_xlog_flush_location function