Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 6:51 AM Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 at 19:50, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

> Does anyone object if we add the reorder buffer total size & in-memory size to struct WalSnd too, so we can report it
inpg_stat_replication?

There is already a patch
(0011-Track-statistics-for-streaming-spilling) in this series posted
by Tomas[1] which tracks important statistics in WalSnd which I think
are good enough.  Have you checked that?  I am not sure if adding
additional size will help, but I might be missing something.

> I can follow up with a patch to add on top of this one if you think it's reasonable. I'll also take the opportunity
toadd a number of tracepoints across the walsender and logical decoding, since right now it's very opaque in production
systems... and everyone just LOVES hunting down debug syms and attaching gdb to production DBs.

Sure, adding tracepoints can be helpful, but isn't it better to start
that as a separate thread?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190928190917.hrpknmq76v3ts3lj%40development

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Tighten error control for OpenTransientFile/CloseTransientFile