Re: Support logical replication of DDLs

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 2:28 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Few comments for ddl_json.c in the patch dated April17:

> 3) expand_jsonb_array()
> arrayelem is allocated as below, but not freed.
> initStringInfo(&arrayelem)
>
> 4) expand_jsonb_array(),
> we initialize iterator as below which internally does palloc
> it = JsonbIteratorInit(container);
> Shall this be freed at the end? I see usage of this function in other files. At a few places, it is freed while not
freedat other places.

Normally, it is a good idea to free whenever the allocation is done in
a long-lived context. However, in some places, we free just for the
sake of cleanliness. I think we don't need to bother doing retail free
in this case unless it is allocated in some long-lived context.

> 5) deparse_ddl_json_to_string(char *json_str, char** owner)
> str = palloc(value->val.string.len + 1);
> we do  palloc here and return allocated memory to caller as 'owner'. Caller sets this 'owner' using SetConfigOption()
whichinternally allocates new memory and copies 'owner' to that. So the memory allocated in deparse_ddl_json_to_string
isnever freed. Better way should be the caller passing this allocated memory to deparse_ddl_json_to_string() and
freeingit when done. Thoughts?

I think that will complicate the code. I don't see the need to
allocate this in any longer-lived context, so we shouldn't be bothered
to retail pfree it.

> 6)expand_fmt_recursive():
> value = findJsonbValueFromContainer(container, JB_FOBJECT, &key);
> Should this 'value' be freed at the end like we do at all other places in this file?

Yeah, we can do this for the sake of consistency.

Few comments on 0001 patch:
=============================
1.
+ case 'O':
+ specifier = SpecOperatorName;
+ break;
+ case 'R':
+ specifier = SpecRole;
+ break;
+ default:

Both of these specifiers don't seem to be used in the patch. So, we
can remove them. I see some references to 'O' in the comments, those
also need to be modified.

2.
+ /* For identity column, find the sequence owned by column in order
+ * to deparse the column definition */

In multi-line comments, the first and last lines should be empty.
Refer to multi-line comments at other places.

3.
+ return object_name.data;
+
+}

An extra empty line before } is not required.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: "Yu Shi (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Test failures of 100_bugs.pl
От: Gurjeet Singh
Сообщение: Reorder connection markers in libpq TAP tests