Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Provide much better wait information in pg_stat_activity.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Provide much better wait information in pg_stat_activity.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Joel Jacobson <joel@trustly.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, this was discussed.  If we keep the Boolean "waiting" column, then either:
>
> Oh, sorry for missing out on that discussion.
>
> > 1. We make it true only for heavyweight lock waits, and false for
> > other kinds of waits.  That's pretty strange.
> > 2. We make it true for all kinds of waits that we now know how to
> > report.  That still breaks compatibility.
>
> Why not 3: We make it true for exactly the same type of situations as
> in previous versions. Or is it not possible to do so for some reason?

Thats exactly the first point (1) of Robert.  One thing that will be strange according to me is that in some cases where waiting will be false, but still wait_event and wait_event_type contain some wait information and I think that will look odd to anybody new looking at the view.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.