Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist
Дата
Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 13 June 2016 at 15:39, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > What is going on here?

> > postgres=# set max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 2;
> > SET
> > postgres=# explain select length(data) from logs group by length(data);
> > ERROR:  ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist
>
> Seems like this was caused by 04ae11f62e643e07c411c4935ea6af46cb112aa9

In create_grouping_paths(), we are building partial_grouping_path and same is used for gather path and other grouping paths (for partial paths). However, we don't use it for partial path list and sort path due to which path target for Sort path is different from what we have expected.  Is there a problem in applying  partial_grouping_path for partial pathlist?   Attached patch just does that and I don't see error with patch.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Вложения