Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 7:58 PM Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>, 1 Mar 2023 Çar, 15:02 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
>>

> That was my intention in the beginning with this patch. Then the new option also made some sense at some point, and I
addedcopy_binary option according to reviews.
> The earlier versions of the patch didn't have that. Without the new option, this patch would also be smaller.
>
> But before changing back to the point where these are all tied to binary option without a new option, I think we
shoulddecide if that's really the ideal way to do it.

As per what I could read in this thread, most people prefer to use the
existing binary option rather than inventing a new way (option) to
binary copy in the initial sync phase. Do you agree? If so, it is
better to update the patch accordingly as this is the last CF for this
release and we have a limited time left.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Moving forward with TDE
От: "Imseih (AWS), Sami"
Сообщение: Re: Record queryid when auto_explain.log_verbose is on