Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 2:30 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:

> 06.02.2024 09:48, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > cool, is it possible to see whether this patch changes the runtime of
> > this test in any noticeable way?
> >

> Yes, unfortunately it does.
> I've measured duration of 100 tests runs without the patch (with pristine
> bgwriter and with NO_TEMP_INSTALL):
> real    6m46,031s
> real    6m52,406s
> real    6m51,014s
>
> But with the patched test, I've got:
> real    9m39,872s
> real    9m40,044s
> real    9m38,236s
> (nearly 2 seconds increase per one test run)
>
> Under Valgrind, the original test run takes:
> Files=1, Tests=36, 334 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.00 sys + 163.14 cusr  7.98 csys = 171.14 CPU)
>
> But the patched one:
> Files=1, Tests=36, 368 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.00 sys + 182.16 cusr  8.90 csys = 191.08 CPU)
> (30 seconds increase)

Yeah, I was worried about that. The other idea I have previously
thought was to change Alter Subscription to Drop+Create Subscription.
That should also help in bringing stability without losing any
functionality.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.