Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Hi, Andres!

Please, find next revision of patch in attachment.

Couple of minor comments:

+  * The following two macroses

is macroses right word to be used here?

+  * of this loop.  It should be used as fullowing:

/fullowing/following

+  * For local buffers usage of these macros shouldn't be used.

isn't it better to write it as

For local buffers, these macros shouldn't be used.

  static int ts_ckpt_progress_comparator(Datum a, Datum b, void *arg);

Spurious line deletion.

+  * Since buffers are pinned/unpinned very frequently, this functions tries
+  * to pin buffer as cheap as possible.

/this functions tries

which functions are you referring here? Comment seems to be slightly unclear.

! if (XLogHintBitIsNeeded() && (pg_atomic_read_u32(&bufHdr->state) & BM_PERMANENT))

Is there a reason that you have kept macro's to read refcount and usagecount, but not for flags?

Apart from this, I have verified that patch compiles on Windows and passed regressions (make check)!

Nice work!

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.