Re: Open a streamed block for transactional messages during decoding

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Open a streamed block for transactional messages during decoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 5:27 PM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> While reviewing the test_decoding code, I noticed that when skip_empty_xacts
> option is specified, it doesn't open the streaming block( e.g.
> pg_output_stream_start) before streaming the transactional MESSAGE even if it's
> the first change in a streaming block.
>
> It looks inconsistent with what we do when streaming DML
> changes(e.g. pg_decode_stream_change()).
>
> Here is a small patch to open the stream block in this case.

The change looks good to me though I haven't tested it yet. BTW, can
we change the comment: "Output stream start if we haven't yet, but
only for the transactional case." to "Output stream start if we
haven't yet for transactional messages"?

I think we should backpatch this fix. What do you think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.