Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 10:16 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 11:13 AM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks. v8-0001 is how it looks. Please see the v8 patch set with this change.
> >
> > JFYI, the patch does not apply to the head. There is a conflict in
> > multiple files.
>
> Thanks for looking into this. I noticed that the v8 patches needed
> rebase. Before I go do anything with the patches, I'm trying to gain
> consensus on the design. Following is the summary of design choices
> we've discussed so far:
> 1) conflict_reason vs invalidation_reason.
> 2) When to compute the XID age?

I feel we should focus on two things (a) one is to introduce a new
column invalidation_reason, and (b) let's try to first complete
invalidation due to timeout. We can look into XID stuff if time
permits, remember, we don't have ample time left.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.