Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Julien Rouhaud
<julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the help!
>
> PFA v6 which should fix all the issues mentioned.

Couple of minor suggestions.

-         <xref linkend="guc-max-worker-processes">.  Note that the requested
+         <xref linkend="guc-max-worker-processes">, limited by
+         <xref linked="guc-max-parallel-workers">.  Note that the requested

Typo.
/linked/linkend

You can always find such mistakes by doing make check in doc/src/sgml/

+ /*
+ * We need a memory barrier here to make sure the above test doesn't get
+ * reordered
+ */
+ pg_read_barrier();

/memory barrier/read barrier

+ if (max_parallel_workers == 0)
+ {
+ ereport(elevel,
+ (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
+ errmsg("background worker \"%s\": cannot request parallel worker if
no parallel worker allowed",

" ..no parallel worker is allowed".  'is' seems to be missing.

>  Also, after second
> thought I didn't add the extra hint about max_worker_processes in the
> max_parallel_worker paragraph, since this line was a duplicate of the
> precedent paragraph, it seemed better to leave the text as is.

not a big problem, we can leave it for committer to decide on same.
However just by reading the description of max_parallel_worker, user
can set its value more than max_wroker_processes which we don't want.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.