Re: GSoC 2015: Extra Jsonb functionality

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: GSoC 2015: Extra Jsonb functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Frankly, I think the whole proposal needs to be rethought with an eye towards supporting and preserving nested elements instead of trying to just flatten everything out.

Can you pls show me few examples what do you mean exactly?

On 21 March 2015 at 06:51, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
On 3/19/15 9:07 AM, Thom Brown wrote:
>                 jsonb_to_array
>         ------------------------------
>            {a, 1, b, c, 2, d, 3, 4}
Is there a use-case for the example you've given above, where you take
JSON containing objects and arrays, and flatten them out into a
one-dimensional array?

There are a lot of things proposed here that are completely ignoring the idea of nested elements, which I think is a big mistake.

Frankly, I think the whole proposal needs to be rethought with an eye towards supporting and preserving nested elements instead of trying to just flatten everything out. If a user wanted things flat they would have just started with that in the first place.

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: assessing parallel-safety