pg_rewind fails on Windows where tablespaces are used

От Chris Travers
Тема pg_rewind fails on Windows where tablespaces are used
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Setup is PostgreSQL on Windows with a tablespace on a separate drive.  When I go to run pg_rewind it consistently fails with the following error:

pg_rewind: servers diverged at WAL location 39B/7EC6F60 on timeline 2
pg_rewind: rewinding from last common checkpoint at 39B/7E8E3F8 on timeline 2
pg_rewind: error: file "pg_tblspc/34244696" is of different type in source and target

The file is confirmed to be a JUNCTION to the correct location on both the source and target.  So the error looks like a problem interacting with Windows and detecting JUNCTION types in this case.

I came across the following which looks like it would fix this problem but don't have a proper build environment.  Please consider backporting the fix at least as far as Postgres 15 as this bug fix does apply to non-in-place tablespaces on Windows.  The thread is https://postgrespro.com/list/thread-id/2657122

Best Regards,
Chris Travers

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18348: Inconsistency with EXTRACT([field] from INTERVAL);
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18348: Inconsistency with EXTRACT([field] from INTERVAL);