Re: BUG #18196: Databases Created in Turkish Language Will Not Run on the Latest Version of Windows

От Halil Han Badem
Тема Re: BUG #18196: Databases Created in Turkish Language Will Not Run on the Latest Version of Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
The more significant issue here is that PostgreSQL does not allow connections because, during installation, it was created with the Turkish_Turkey.1254 option. I attempted to connect to the PostgreSQL user using psql via the command line to take a backup, but it didn't even allow a connection to the main database (postgres). The error it provided is again as follows:

failed: FATAL: database locale is incompatible with the operating system DETAIL: The database was initialized with LC_COLLATE "Turkish_Turkey.1254", which is not recognized by setlocale(). HINT: Recreate the database with another locale or install the missing locale.

In this section, there are two definite solutions. The first one is the solution I explained [1], and the second one is to uninstall the Windows Update. However, removing this update will not be a permanent solution because, eventually, a Windows Update will be received for security or any dependency reasons.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhfYg-rGc-O_LnS5M59HGbYufaGsQ6Sc4yBKucBQZLhoZE_7w%40mail.gmail.com

Regards.