Re: Relation bulk write facility

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Relation bulk write facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 11:06 AM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Regarding the issue at hand, perhaps we should define PG_IO_ALIGN_SIZE as 16 on AIX, if that's the best the linker
cando on that platform.

You'll probably get either an error or silently fall back to buffered
I/O, if direct I/O is enabled and you try to read/write a badly
aligned buffer.  That's documented (they offer finfo() to query it,
but it's always 4KB for the same sort of reasons as it is on every
other OS).

Сообщение: Re: Relation bulk write facility
Сообщение: Re: Relation bulk write facility