Re: BUG #17928: Standby fails to decode WAL on termination of primary

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #17928: Standby fails to decode WAL on termination of primary
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 6:00 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, I observed that "wal_log_hints = on" in extra.config, which I use via
> "TEMP_CONFIG=extra.config make check-world" makes the test fail too, though
> check-world passes fine without the new test.
> Maybe that's not an issue, and probably there are other parameters, which
> might affect this test, but I'm somewhat confused by the fact that only this
> test breaks with it.

The problem was that the Perl functions advance_XXX() would sometimes
see an "unflushed" insert position caused by hint records and other
incidental stuff, and then we'd write our contrived header at a
disconnected location after a bunch of (unwritten) zeroes.  The
solution in this version is to start each test with
emit_message($node, 0), which flushes a small record.

Вложения