Re: pg_upgrade --copy-file-range

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: pg_upgrade --copy-file-range
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 2:43 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the original pg_upgrade patch has been ready to
> commit since October.  Unless Thomas has any qualms that have not been
> made explicit in this thread, I suggest we move ahead with that.

pg_upgrade --copy-file-range pushed.  The only change I made was to
remove the EINTR retry condition which was subtly wrong and actually
not needed here AFAICS.  (Erm, maybe I did have an unexpressed qualm
about some bug reports unfolding around that time about corruption
linked to copy_file_range that might have spooked me but those seem to
have been addressed.)

> And then Jakub could rebase his patch set on top of that.  It looks like
> if the formatting issues are fixed, the remaining pg_combinebackup
> support isn't that big.

+1

I'll also go and rebase CREATE DATABASE ... STRATEGY=file_clone[1].

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BhUKGLM%2Bt%2BSwBU-cHeMUXJCOgBxSHLGZutV5zCwY4qrCcE02w%40mail.gmail.com