Re: Check whether binaries can be released for s390x

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Check whether binaries can be released for s390x
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 3:03 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 9:30 AM Namrata Bhave <Namrata.Bhave@ibm.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for getting back.
> >
> > The request is mainly for the developer community to build and publish s390x binaries, apologies if I wasn't clear
earlier.
> > We can provide s390x VMs to build and test postgresql binaries if you feel infra is a blocker.
> >
> > Please let me know if any more information is needed.
>
> As Jonathon said, this discussion is not pertinent to this mailing
> list. Please use the correct mailing list.
>
> I'm not sure that anyone is going to want to undertake this effort for
> free even if you're willing to provide the hardware for free. But your
> chances will be a lot better if you ask on the correct mailing list.

Isn't the right place for this the APT packaging team[1]'s list at
pgsql-pkg-debian@postgresql.org?  Not something I'm involved in
myself, but AFAIK it's the same team working on Debian etc packages
and they do get built for s390x already[2] so I guess this is about
doing the same for the PGDG repos, so this is a packaging topic, not a
web topic, and this list wasn't a bad place to start...

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
[2] https://packages.debian.org/search?arch=s390x&keywords=postgresql-15