Re: Reducing WaitEventSet syscall churn

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Reducing WaitEventSet syscall churn
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:45 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are some patches to get rid of frequent system calls.

Here is one more case that I was sitting on because I wasn't sure how
to do it: walreceiver.c.  To make that work, libpq needs to be able to
tell you when the socket has changed, which I did with a counter that
is exposed to client code in patch 0004.  The walreceiver change in
0005 works (trace the system calls on walreceiver to see the
difference), but perhaps we can come up with a better way to code it
so that eg logical/worker.c doesn't finish up duplicating the logic.
Thoughts?

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup and snapshots
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup and snapshots