Re: PostmasterIsAlive() in recovery (non-USE_POST_MASTER_DEATH_SIGNAL builds)

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: PostmasterIsAlive() in recovery (non-USE_POST_MASTER_DEATH_SIGNAL builds)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 2:27 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've gone as far as running the recovery tests on the v3-0001 patch
> using a Windows machine. They pass:

Thanks!  I pushed that one, because it was effectively a bug fix
(WaitLatch() without a latch was supposed to work).

I'll wait longer for feedback on the main patch; perhaps someone has a
better idea, or wants to take issue with the magic number 1024 (ie
limit on how many records we'll replay before we notice the postmaster
has exited), or my plan to harmonise those wait loops?  It has a CF
entry for the next CF.