Re: broken JIT support on Fedora 40

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: broken JIT support on Fedora 40
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 5:59 AM Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, sorry, I'm a bit baffled about this situation myself. Yesterday
> I've opened a one-line PR fix that should address the issue, maybe this
> would help. In the meantime I've attached what did work for me as a
> workaround -- it essentially just makes the deform function to return
> some value. It's ugly, but since call site will ignore that, and it's
> only one occasion where LLVMBuildRetVoid is used, maybe it's acceptable.
> Give me a moment, I'm going to test this change more (waiting on
> rebuilding LLVM, it takes quire a while on my machine :( ), then can
> confirm that it works as expected on the latest version.

Great news.  I see your PR:

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/87093

Checking their release schedule, they have:

Mar  5th: 18.1.0 was released
Mar  8th: 18.1.1 was released
Mar 19th: 18.1.2 was released
Apr 16th: 18.1.3
Apr 30th: 18.1.4
May 14th: 18.1.5
May 28th: 18.1.6 (if necessary)

Our next release is May 9th.  So assuming your PR goes in in the next
couple of weeks and makes it into their 18.1.3 or even .4, there is no
point in pushing a work-around on our side.

Сообщение: Re: Security lessons from liblzma
Сообщение: Re: Security lessons from liblzma