Out of the box, full text search feature suggestion for postgresql

От aa
Тема Out of the box, full text search feature suggestion for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Postgres Team!

First of all, a big THANK YOU for the great work you folks are doing!

The reason I am writing to you is to suggest a feature in future Postgres versions, a feature that is partially there but is not quite where it should be in my opinion: the full text search functionality. This functionality in my opinion, should be available out of the box, for any possible language available, including east Asia character based languages. You would probably say that this will require a huge amount of work, and I would say, a postgres extension which does exactly this, already exists, and it is called : pgroonga (https://pgroonga.github.io/

  This tool is very good at doing full text search, with minimum effort from the user side (you just have to create some pgroonga indexes and slightly alter your select queries ),   but it is a bit unstable, I believe mainly because it is not fully integrated in postgres code.

The reason I am asking for this functionality to be part of the postgres future release is that currently, to set up postgres to do some decent full text search operations, will require a lot of NL knowledge and DB configurations, which the vast majority of postgres users don't have. So providing something out of the box will be much handier for the majority, while the experts could tweak their DBs using the existing tools.

Thanks, and I hope you will at least discuss this suggestion!

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18261: Inconsistent results of SELECT affected by joined subqueries
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18261: Inconsistent results of SELECT affected by joined subqueries