Re: Postgresql jdbc driver for PG version 9.5

От Jorge Solórzano
Тема Re: Postgresql jdbc driver for PG version 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Poul,

The jdbc driver is a library, if you run the jar file like java -jar postgresql-42.2.5.jar, it will output that is not an executable Java program.

You should use it following the conventions of JDBC API (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jdbc/).

Regards,

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 9:37 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
Poul Kristensen wrote:
> I am trying to use the jdbc driver in eclipse but get the following
> How come?
> if the driver is not org.postgresql.Driver,
> which should I then use.
>
> PostgreSQL JDBC Driver 42.2.5
> Found in: jar:file:/home/me/lib/postgresql-42.2.5.jar!/org/postgresql/Driver.class
>
> The PgJDBC driver is not an executable Java program.

I have redirected the question to the JDBC list.

What does your code look like?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe