Re: Abort() doesn't abort backends which are in WAITING state

От Jorge Solórzano
Тема Re: Abort() doesn't abort backends which are in WAITING state
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Sudalai,

It looks that is a bug, or actually an incomplete implementation.

The java.sql.Connection.abort(Executor) should do this:

Terminates an open connection. Calling abort results in:
  • The connection marked as closed
  • Closes any physical connection to the database
  • Releases resources used by the connection
  • Insures that any thread that is currently accessing the connection will either progress to completion or throw an SQLException.

​But the ​current implementation looks that only mark the connection as closed at network level:
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/279fb435b392114c45266ecef901bfd59470842a/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/core/QueryExecutor.java#L325

Jorge Solórzano

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM, rob stone <floriparob@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 2017-11-20 at 08:05 -0700, Sudalai wrote:
> Dear geeks,
>
> When we try to abort backend process which are in "WAITING STATE" via
> java.sql.Connection.abort(), socket in application server was closed,
> but
> backend process doesn't get aborted.
> Backends get aborted only after it resources for which it waited.
>
> Is there anyway we can abort those backend immediately?
>
> We are using database version : 9.5.1, 9.4.0.  Driver version :
> 42.1.4 JDBC
> 42.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -
> Sudalai
>

> -----
> sudalai
> --
> Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-jdbc-f2168246
> .html

Hi Sudalai,

I'm not a "geek" -- just giving my two cents worth.

java.sql.Connection.abort(Executor executor) may throw a SQLException
or a SecurityException.
Are either of these exceptions being thrown?

Are you closing the connection prior to trying the abort?

HTH,
Robert