Re: BUG #18092: Unexpected Result by enable_seqscan

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: BUG #18092: Unexpected Result by enable_seqscan
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 7 Sept 2023 at 09:10, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> The same query returns different results when enable_seqscan is changed:
> CREATE TABLE t0(c0 FLOAT);
> INSERT INTO t0(c0) VALUES(0.8);
> CREATE VIEW v0(c0) AS (SELECT 1);
> CREATE INDEX i0 ON t0(c0);
> UNLISTEN *;
> ANALYZE;
> INSERT INTO t0(c0) VALUES(0.1);
>
> SET enable_seqscan=on;
> SELECT DISTINCT ON (v0.c0) t0.c0 FROM v0, t0; -- {0.8}
> SET enable_seqscan=false;
> SELECT DISTINCT ON (v0.c0) t0.c0 FROM v0, t0; -- {0.1}

This seems a variation of your previous report. To me your queries
looks like you are asking Pg to "give me any row from this sets" and
then complaining when it does not give you the same under different
conditions.

Something like you put a red ball on the left of a table, a black one
on the right, ask me to pick one ball and then complain when I pick
the black when unconstrained and the red when constrained by "using
only your left hand".

Francisco Olarte.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18091: Unexpected Result by enable_material
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18091: Unexpected Result by enable_material