Re: The case for version number inflation

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: The case for version number inflation
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 1 March 2013 19:38, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>>> We've always picked version numbers after we had the feature list.  What
>>> features do you feel are on the fence?  I had the impression that
>>> logical replication, for example, was pretty far from being done.
>>
>> I think we need to avoid making decisions based upon impressions and
>> spend more time looking at facts, but that is beside the point.
>
> Who's making decisions?  AFAICT, you and Andres have made most of the
> descisions on SLR to date.  I haven't been involved, and am unlikely to
> become so, unless SLR reaches the stage of doing beta testing.  So I'm
> really unclear on what you're accusing me of, or why you are doing it.

Josh, for some reason I missed this post earlier, just seen because of
other posts.

I meant my words as a general comment, so not an accusation of any
kind. Since you took it that way, I apologise, especially so since I
ignored your post.

To explain myself further, its difficult to know what will be in or
out of a release until at-least technical triage has been performed on
work to gain facts. Some things are further forward than might be
expected, others disappointingly not ready even after lots of work.

Сообщение: Re: The case for version number inflation
Сообщение: Re: The case for version number inflation