Re: Release notes & git attribution

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Release notes & git attribution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8 February 2013 09:43, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:

> No big deal, it was just one space, but I wanted to voice my
> disagreement with how Postgres committers don't retain original patch
> authorship information.

I agree its very important to get that right.

It's important for the PostgreSQL project to encourage further
contribution by acknowledging and celebrating contributions, as well
as allowing external observers to see that work was done successfully
by particular people to confirm further sponsorship/time allocation
etc. That practice has long been followed and encouraged by the core
team and committers.

Some mistakes are made from time to time but there is a willingness to
make corrections to that.

I'll look into this.