Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 3:59 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> In other words, since DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING doesn't *consistently*
> force lazy_scan_noprune to refuse to process a page on HEAD (it all
> depends on FreezeLimit/vacuum_freeze_min_age), it is logical for
> DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING to totally get out of the business of caring
> about that -- better to limit it to caring only about the visibility
> map (by no longer making it force aggressiveness).

It seems to me that if DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING doesn't completely
disable skipping pages, we have a problem.

The option isn't named CARE_ABOUT_VISIBILITY_MAP. It's named
DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com