Re: parallel.c is not marked as test covered

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: parallel.c is not marked as test covered
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> exec_stmt_execsql() is used to execute SQL statements insider plpgsql which
> includes dml statements as well, so probably you wanted to play safe by not
> allowing parallel option from that place.  However, I think there shouldn't
> be a problem in using CURSOR_OPT_PARALLEL_OK from this place as we have a
> check in standard_planner which will take care of whether to choose parallel
> mode or not for a particular statement.  If you want, I can do more detailed
> analysis and prepare a patch.

That would be great.  I have a vague recollection that that function
might be called in some contexts where execution can be suspended,
which would be no good for parallel query.  But that might be wrong.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company