Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 11:39 PM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I feel like we could do better here with little extra effort. The
> DETACH index feature does not really seem required for this patch.

Because of the dump/restore considerations mentioned in
http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmobUhGHg9v8SAswkHbBfyWg5A0QB+jGt0UOvq5YcBDUGig@mail.gmail.com
I believe we need a way to create the index on the parent without
immediately triggering index builds on the children, plus a way to
create an index on a child after-the-fact and attach it to the parent.
Detach isn't strictly required, but why support attach and not detach?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company