Re: trying again to get incremental backup

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: trying again to get incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 2:03 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> That sounds good to me.  Not having to parse the manifest server-side
> sounds like a win, as does saving the transfer, for the cases where the
> manifest is large.

OK. I'll look into this next week, hopefully.

> Is this meant to support multiple timelines each with non-overlapping
> adjacent ranges, rather than multiple non-adjacent ranges?

Correct. I don't see how non-adjacent LSN ranges could ever be a
useful thing, but adjacent ranges on different timelines are useful.

> Do I have it right that you want to rewrite this bit before considering
> this ready to commit?

For sure. I don't think this is the only thing that needs to be
revised before commit, but it's definitely *a* thing that needs to be
revised before commit.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com