Re: Should consider materializing the cheapest inner path in consider_parallel_nestloop()

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Should consider materializing the cheapest inner path in consider_parallel_nestloop()
Дата
Re: Should consider materializing the cheapest inner path in consider_parallel_nestloop()  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 8:07 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, this seems an omission in commit 45be99f8.

It's been a while, but I think I omitted this deliberately because I
didn't really understand the value of it and wanted to keep the
planning cost down.

The example query provided here seems rather artificial. Surely few
people write a join clause that references neither of the tables being
joined. Is there a more realistic case where this makes a big
difference?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Eliminate redundant tuple visibility check in vacuum
Сообщение: Re: Eliminate redundant tuple visibility check in vacuum